Best smelling spray in our test (2007)… pleasant to use… works very well for several hours.
– Horse Journal
An environmentally-friendly pest-repellent that uses natural plant extracts to protect your horse against hot weather irritants.
Safe for horses of all ages including lactating mares.
DEET-free and contains no toxic chemicals. Most commercial sprays state that you should wash your hands after using. Why would you want to put something on your horse that you have to wash off your hands?
32oz spray bottle or 1gal bottle.
Made in the heartland of the USA!
Peppermint Summer Protection
The flagship product that started it all! When I could not find a non-toxic spray to protect my horses from flies and mosquitoes, I decided to create one myself. As a certified aromatherapist, I had the training and knowledge of the power of plants and the amazing qualities in the compounds of aromatherapy. So after a lot of experimenting on me and my family, I settled on a formula to try on my horses and I was amazed at the reaction. I let them smell the product first. They both seemed to enjoy the fragrance. When I sprayed it on them, they relaxed. I watched them through out the day and noticed that they were not bothered by flies.
This product is perfect for horse owners who are seeking a chem free lifestyle for their horse and their self. What ever you spray on your horses, you are also being exposed to many of the toxic ingredients that can be found in many fly sprays.
- spray generously all over the horses body
- brush into the coat to get to the skin where the summer time pest like to bite
- spray on legs and use a soft brush or spray on a paper towel and wipe on the legs
- For the head, spray on a towel and wipe all over the face avoiding coming too close to eye area.
- You can smear a little of The Balm around the eye area for extra protection
Some things to remember when working with plant based fly products
- They last about 6 to 8 hours depending on application and amount and environment
- They are not chemical based and will not perform at a chemical level. The benefits of nontoxic formulas out weigh the performance of using chemical based products
- Flies may appear to “lite” on the horse however will likely not bite as the essential oil blend is not attractive to them.
- I usually spray morning and evening for protection of all kinds of summer time pests.
I use it every time I ride! “Peppermint summer protection ROCKS”
– Camie, Cambridge Iowa
My horses don’t dance away when I spray them with your products”
– Brenda, Minnesota
I love your peppermint spray. I also feel fine that I am not spraying harsh chemicals on the horses.